Why a pro photographer for your wedding is a must
1. A Professional photographer will most certainly have liability insurance and backup cameras. If Uncle John's camera fails you aren't going to get the shot no matter how good his camera skills. If a guest trips over his camera bag and has an accident, they aren't going to be covered for any damage, injuries or liabilities. a professional will be covered for all of this.
2. Professional photographers will certainly know how to get the best images from the available light, know how to get the best response and emotion from your guests and put your mother in law at ease (should they need to). They may have even shot images in your venue before and know where the best spots to get images can be found.
3. If you can afford it or if its included you should seriously consider the option of 2 photographers as part of your package. The main photographer catching the important, key shots plus the 2nd photographer there to shoot reactions from all the guests, helping to capture the storyline images throughout the day.
4. Professionals will have a backup of all your images should you want extra prints blown up or additional wall art. This might not sound important, but you never know when disaster may strike with an amateur who hasn't backed up your images in several locations.
5. There will almost always be an album option package as well as gifts for the parents, most offer a pre wedding shoot allowing for extra special images of you and your partner to display on the day as well as helping you to feel more comfortable on the actual day of the wedding.
6. Your guests, friends and family should feel part of the day. Anyone that shoots your images won't be included as part of the day and may end up missing out.
7. Trends come and go. Professional photographers know to buck the latest trends and get stylish, classic images that are timeless and won't look horrific years from now.